Welcome to the Community Resources' Page
Educating Missouri’s Homeless Youth The McKinney-Vento Act, part of the No
Behind Act of 2001, guarantees homeless children and youths an education equal to what they would receive if not homeless. For a brochure, click on English or Spanish. Serving Homeless Children Program. Local liaison: Teresa Coltrin, Homeless Youth Liaison, 417-345-2222 extension 2035.
Students have the right to:
· Immediate enrollment in school even without required paperwork
· To attend school at their school origin if feasible and requested by parent.
· To receive transportation to the school of origin if requested by parent.
· The right to services comparable to those received by housed schoolmates including transportation and supplemental services.
· To attend school along with children not experiencing
· The right to have their rights posted in all schools and in other places in
Heart to Heart Outreach Ministries 206 South Pine, Buffalo MO, 417-345-6200 Mission: Emergency intervention assistance ministry Services: Food Pantry as well as a number of other resources.
Contact them for services offered. Tuesday - Friday 8:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Ozarks Area Community Action Corporation (OACAC) http://oacac-caa.org/oacac/content/welcome Programs: Family Planning, Foster Grandparents, Head Start, Housing, Low-Income Energy Assistance, Neighborhood Centers and weatherization. Call 417-345-7964 for a complete list of their workshops and services.
Missouri Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Brochure here
Food Commodities are available every third (3rd) Tuesday of the month at Calvary Chapel. (Incomebased guidelines followed). Call 345-6418 for more information. Calvary Chapel is located at 26 Oak Ridge Rd. Buffalo, MO
Polk County House of Hope provides immediate and long-term safety to victims of domesticviolence and their children through a hotline, victim’s services, emergency shelter or placement in a safe facility and a connection to community resources. Crisis hotline: 417-399-6744, Phone number: 417-777-3229 website: www.pchouseofhope.org
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline If you or someone you know is in emotional distress or thinking about suicide, please call this hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
School Violence Hotline Report threats against Students, Teachers or Schools: